Ocean City Longport Bridge
The Ocean City Longport Bridge in New Jersey had visual micro-cracking in the bridge deck concrete. This micro-cracking occurred the entire length even though the bridge had only been in service for less than a year.
SURTREAT® products were spec’d and used to repair the micro-cracked surface.
SURTREAT® is a proprietary, water based, environmentally friendly solution of activators and migratory aids that inhibits rebar corrosion, increases strength and reduces porosity in reinforced concrete.
- Inhibits salt, water, air and contaminates from penetrating the concrete and forms a better seal in the pores and micro cracks
- Controls pH and maintains the high alkalinity in the concrete and is highly acid resistant
- Migrates to the rebar in liquid and ionic phase and reacts to form a very stable passivating film – more stable than in new concrete
- Converts rust to a stable, inert compound – and increases compressive, flexural, and tensile strength. Also increases hardness and abrasion resistance
Scope of Work
- The concrete surface was pressure washer cleaned to remove chlorides, dirt, and grime.
- Applied SURTREAT® spray to the deck and brushed in with a commercial sweeper.
- Applied a migratory chemical formulation specially designed to reduce porosity, increase surface hardness, and resist chemical attack.
- Applied SURTREAT® to the cracks in the concrete using hand held sprayers.
- Water mists were used to insure that the SURTREAT® products were driven into the deck.
Have a Project in Mind?
SURTREAT® works across a wide variety of industries. Our products renew, restore, and repair even the toughest structural damage.
REQUEST MORE INFO
Looking for a specific report? Send us a message and we will be in touch to get the information you need to start your project.