West Penn Hospital
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Structure: Parking Garage
The issue within the structure included garage floor concrete deterioration and corrosion of the imbedded steel wearing. The problem was accelerated by chemical/physical breakdown, chloride contamination, steel corrosion, wear/impact, and freeze/thaw.
SURTREAT® was applied to improve the chemical and physical properties of the concrete, inhibit deterioration, improve durability and longevity of the parking structure by:
- Increasing compressive strength
- Reducing permeability
- Elevating/Moderating pH
- Reducing chemical (acid/chloride) contamination
- Reducing rate of corrosion of the imbedded rebar and surrounding steel fixtures
- Inhibits salt, water, air and contaminates from penetrating the concrete and forms a better seal in the pores and micro cracks
- Controls pH and maintains the high alkalinity in the concrete and is highly acid resistant
- Migrates to the rebar in liquid and ionic phase and reacts to form a very stable passivating film – more stable than in new concrete
- Converts rust to a stable, inert compound – and increases compressive, flexural, and tensile strength. Also increases hardness and abrasion resistance
Scope of Work
- Perform inspection of existing structure
- SURTREAT® solutions were applied using a mobile dispensing unit and by spraying using an electric and hand pump
- The project was completed on time with specified results
Have a Project in Mind?
SURTREAT® works across a wide variety of industries. Our products renew, restore, and repair even the toughest structural damage.
REQUEST MORE INFO
Looking for a specific report? Send us a message and we will be in touch to get the information you need to start your project.